“The education of children and young people is such an important task in forming them as free and responsible human beings. It affirms their dignity as an inalienable gift that flows from our original creation as children made in the image and likeness of God. And because education truly forms human beings, it is especially the duty and responsibility of the Church, who is called to serve mankind from the heart of God and in such a way that no other institution can.”
- Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio (Pope Francis)
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School faculty and students strive to find God in ourselves and recognize Him in others. We will be respectful and kind; we will develop our gifts of mind and body; we will contribute to the good of others; we will realize that we are children of God.
- Proclaim the message of salvation, and through example, guide each child to develop a relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Enkindle in each child a realization of his/her own self-worth as a person made in the image and likeness of God.
- Instill in them the spirit of Christian charity, tolerance, compassion and forgiveness.
- Recognize and meet each child's corporal and spiritual needs, emphasizing their responsibility to meet the spiritual and corporal needs of others.
- Encourage each child to think, decide and act in accordance with Christian values.
- Provide the child with the knowledge, skills, values and meaningful experiences that will prepare him/her for everyday Christian living.
- Encourage a commitment to a life of responsibility, service and respect for themselves, their families and their community.